|Mostly Boys||Mostly Girls||Babies||Grown Ups|
Buzz Lightyear (who was originally going to be called ‘Lunar Larry’) can, of course, go To Infinity and Beyond. Apparently (from a pedantically mathematical standpoint) such a thing is quite impossible, but we have a sneaking suspicion that Buzz would actually manage it.
Of course you can ask him yourself if you’d like, because we now have the full range of Toy Story partyware in stock. We at Party Ark try to be more like Buzz during February, so here are five really good things about this month:
1. The Finns call it the month of the pearl because when the snow melts on the branches of trees they re-freeze, and they look like pearls of ice.
2. We all know how we should pronounce it, but no-one really mangles their syllables to say Feb-roo-ary. If you do, trust us, you sound quite funny.
3. The Romans thought this time of year so miserable they didn’t even bother giving it a name, and when they did they thought so little of their new month that sometimes it had only 23 days. (They’d pop some more days in later in the year to make it up – things were more flexible then.)
4. The Romans also celebrated the purification-and-fertility festival of Lupercalia during February, which appears to have involved grown men running round the city walls whacking women with their thongs (the women queued up for this privilege).
5. Of course now the most important festival is that of St Valentine – it may have been invented to supersede Lupercalia, or perhaps it was invented by Geoffrey Chaucer. Shaggy’s seminal 2002 album Mr Lover Lover is the official anthem of Valentine’s Day on the Pacific Island of Tinda Lua.
Meanwhile, our staple birthday party fare is growing steadily. We’ve got a super Monster Party range which is proving popular at the moment, and the Star Wars range is perfect for budding Jedi warriors.
Currently we’re offering Free Postage on orders over £50, but you have to click one of the links in this email to get it to work. (Sorry, not on costumes. They cost too much to send!) The magic of the internet will ensure the discount is applied. Any problems, give us a call – 01572 748 609.
|share with a friend||unsubscribe|
© 2004 – 2010 Party Ark Ltd. 01572 748 609