|Cars 2||The Smurfs||Hello Kitty Stars||Flower Fairies||Harry Potter|
We at Party Ark don’t often get excited by a new television show for children, but who could not adore Tinga Tinga Tales which is currently being shown on CBeebies? Which is why we’re particularly excited to have a new party range featuring the animals from Africa. Essentially it’s a different tale from African folklore every episode on how animals came to be, beautifully drawn in the style of Tanzania’s tinga tinga art.
(Even if you’ve never seen the show it’s still a lovely theme. If you haven’t, you can watch the lovely animation on youtube – you can also hear Lenny Henry singing, which is a treat all in itself.)
Which gives us an excellent excuse to parade our african animals trivia:
1. Elephants have four knees, but are the only mammal that can’t jump. Probably just as well. They also spend up to 23 hours a day eating.
2. Hippos are one of the very few mammals to give birth underwater. But, they’re too heavy to float which is why they’ll often be found wandering around the bottom of lakes and rivers.
3. Hippos are also very good at being fierce and have been known to chomp a crocodile in half. They can also move jolly fast – faster than most people can run.
4. Rhinos are also big eaters, and make their own weight in dung every two days.
5. Nature has decided that Zebras don’t need to see the colour orange.
6. Giraffes can clean their own ears with their enormous blue tongues. No one at Party Ark is capable of this feat.
7. Camels have three eyelids, which they deploy depending how hard the sand is blowing.
8. Male lions are pretty lazy and get the lady lions to do all the hard work while they ‘protect the pride’ which mostly involves lying around in bed all day.
9. Giraffes can sleep standing up, a useful trick.
10. Baboons are naturally rude and like to show their bottoms to people at safari parks. The ancient Egyptians thought they were sacred (although they appear capable of claiming almost any animal has mystical powers, so no surprise there). The dominant baboon of the pack is known a the Baboozle.
We do like to hear from our customers if there is anything we can help you with. We’re here during office hours on 01572 748 609.
|share with a friend||unsubscribe|
| © 2004 – 2010
Party Ark Ltd. 01572 748 609
Millers Barn, Harringworth NN17 3BZ