1. Following on from last year’s supremely successfull banana-ghosts, this is the most adorable idea we’ve seen this year – and so simple! You will need … apples. And a peeler. And something for the mummy’s eyes – mini chocolate chips are just the thing.
They also have the bonus of helping alleviate any guilt you may have about the enormous quantity of sugar that your children are likely to consume! via twohealthykitchens
2. This one is one of ours – embossed Gingerdead man cookie-cutters to give your standard gingerbread man something of the night. He’s 13cm high (which is quite generous) and you can either leave your gingerbread man with the outline of a skeleton, or fill him up with icing to highlight his impressive physique.
We’ve already had loads of fun with these, but they’re selling fast!
via Party Ark – £6.50 each
3. Let’s go the full chocolate and sugar extravaganza with these excellent mini-doughnut spiders that anyone can make. You’ll need – mini-doughnuts, chocolate, Smarties (or some sort of sweets for eyes) and pretzels for the legs.
Just melt the chocolate and pipe it onto the doughnut, and then really the rest is pretty self-explanatory. For extra realism, you could give the spider eight eyes and really ugly fangs, but then you might not want to eat it. And, since this is literally the only spider in the world you’ll ever want to eat, it’s not worth the risk.
4. Part of this year’s Spooky Spider range are these brilliant cups with pop-out handles. You get eight in a pack, and they’ll keep little hands warm as you prepare to head out for the night!
He’s pretty cute. We’ve got matching straws too, while the whole range looks absolutely stunning if you’re planning a table’s worth of snacks and treats.
viaParty Ark £3.50 / pack of 8
5. This year’s most ingenious invention is these healthy, delicious Jack-o-Lanterns. Essentially they’re carved out in the manner of pumpkins, and you can fill them with whatver you like – but spag bol is particularly effective because the spaghetti spews forth in a most satisfying manner, and they’re really, really tasty.
6. This is such a clever idea and well worth the effort. All you need is some tortillas, and somethig to cut them into Halloween-inspired shapes (such as our Flying Bat Cookie Cutter). A smearing of tomato ketchup before baking will give them
a distinctly dark colour, and then fifteen minutes of bake time and you’ve got a plate full of super-tasty crispy bats!
Serve with a dip of your choice, and you’ll have the happiest Halloweeners in town.
7. This cake-pop kit is so much fun. It comprises of two silicone non-stick moulds for your cake mix, and cleverly one of the sides has holes left in so you can put in the cake pop sticks as they cakes bake.
But the real entertainment comes in the decoration – go mad with skulls, pumpkins, ghosts and eyeballs, all ready to be consued in one chomp.
via Party Ark – £8.99 each
8. Full marks for anyone making these stunning snacks – and they’re not nearly as tricky as they look.
For the handle, you can use either a cheese straw (could be a bit flimsy) but we recommend a full-length pretzel stick. For the broom itself, cut cheese intro strips – use two colours
for the best effect. And then bind the whole thing together with fresh chives.
It takes a few tries before getting the hang of it, but we think they’re a real eye-catcher, and they’re very tasty too.
9. It’s the perennial Ghost Pizza – we first tried this in 2013 and it gets better every year. If you can make a pizza, you can make a ghost-pizza – a few strategically placed bits of pepper turns your mozarella into instant ghosts, haunting a sea of blood-red goo.
If you’re feeling daring, some rosemary leaves can transform the humble olive into a creepy-crawly. Don’t like olives (we don’t, sorry olive lovers)? Well you’ll at least enjoy watching other people consume what look like giant bugs!
10. Last, we hope you’ll take a look at our fabulous shiny Happy Halloween party range, new for this year. It’s got some terrific shiny-foiled party plates in four different designs; accessories, decorations and more.
And, we’ve got an offer on for our customers – just use code HAL16 at the basket page and you’ll receive an additional 10% off your order.
Do let us know if you have any more ideas you’d like us to feature!